Modern Warfare Series – Standing Your Ground When Evil Appears
- Part 1 – The Reality of the Campaign – There is a battle raging around us every moment of every day! As Americans, we fail to see, understand, or comprehend the reality of the spiritual battle taking place. In order to draw closer to Christ and utilize the power He has given us, we must understand there is a battle between good and evil, right and wrong, and righteous and unrighteous. How does this spiritual battle affect us? What are the key components and players within the battle raging around us?
- Part 2 – The Origin of Evil – Where did evil originate? How does it affect us today? Knowing that God created all things for His honor and glory, what did He have to do with the beginning of evil? As we grow in our faith and trust, we must understand that God does not have an evil bone, joint, or flap of skin in or on his body. He is the perfect definition of Holiness! He created us with the ability to choose or deny Him as our Savior, and to decide between good and evil within every decision we make!
- Part 3 – The Enemies Hidden Tactics – John 10:10 says, “The thief (Satan) comes to steal and kill and destroy…” Satan is full of hidden tactics that completely catch us off guard. He gets us where we least expect it, but yet where we are most vulnerable. There is a reality to the evil demonic world that scares us to even think about. Once we realize and identify the lies and tactics of Satan, we will have the ability through Christ to defeat him and his dominions!
- Part 4 – The Battle Within – I Peter 1:3-4 says that we have been given everything we need to “escape the corruption in the world caused by evil,” yet in Romans 7, Paul talks about the battle He has with his flesh. He knows what he is not supposed to do, yet he does it anyway… When we enter into a relationship with Christ, we have the power to overcome! We must put on the full armor of God, rely on the power of the Holy Spirit, and realize we have the mind of Christ! The battle is ours if we focus on obtaining victory. God has also blessed us with the ability to play multiplayer mode within the community of the local church!
- Part 5 – Relying on the Alliance – When time gets extremely rough, who do you rely on the most? Who do you go to for answers to life’s toughest problems? We often turn to friends, to relationships, to self-help books, to the media, to music, to sports, to family, to school, etc. to find answers to life’s toughest issues. We know that God is able to meet us right where we are. We know that He can help us through anything! We know that He is right there with us, fighting the battle for us! But how can I rely on somebody I cannot see? Peter says here that we have everything we need to live a life for God and that through that we have everything we need to overcome the power of sin! When we enter into a relationship with Christ we have the power to overcome anything. We have been blessed with the mind of Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the promise that our prayers do not fall on deaf ears!